Welcome

This blog is first and foremost for me...
(I'm a Mom, there's not a lot in my life that's just for me anymore!). I also wanted to create a healthier way to share and vent my feelings about being physically limited... the other option was to scream and curse a lot, not so productive or healthy :o)


Second, I wanted to create a blog that other disabled and/or physically challenged parents could check out from time to time. Being a parent is extremely rewarding, but it's also a really tough job. Add pain and not-so-functional body parts and calling it a challenge doesn't even come close.

Thank you for reading.
I hope you find something helpful here. Sometimes it's nice just to know there are others out there, floating in the same waters, keeping a leaky boat afloat...




Thursday, July 3, 2008

we have a surgery date!!!

I can't believe I finally have a surgery date. Since November 2007 I've been seeing orthopedists for increased pain! I've finally found an orthopedic surgeon (or OS) that can and will do another arthroscopy on my sad right hip. Dr. Martin Clarke with The Core Institute is the lucky guy. In less than 2 months, August 19th to be exact, I should be on my way to recovery and hopefully much less pain. The CT scan showed that my Right hip has a piece of loose bone from the original PAO and they said my hip joint is very lax or loose and there's definitely arthritis and inflammation in the cartilage. I also found out I have arthritis in my SI or sacroiliac joint. Which really answers a lot of the questions I had about why I have so much lower back pain. The good thing is that a cortisone injection after the surgery into that joint should help relieve some of that pain. Dr. Clarke brought in another OS who specializes in hip replacement. He said I would be his patient sooner than later, but I'm still not a candidate for replacement yet. Thank God! I just want a few more years to be able to have another baby and get some life out of this unhappy hip of mine. Apparently, babies after hip replacement is not recommended. Good to know. Well my SI joint is killing me right now, time for more ibuprofen. I'll post more later. Happy almost 4th of July!!!

No comments: