Welcome

This blog is first and foremost for me...
(I'm a Mom, there's not a lot in my life that's just for me anymore!). I also wanted to create a healthier way to share and vent my feelings about being physically limited... the other option was to scream and curse a lot, not so productive or healthy :o)


Second, I wanted to create a blog that other disabled and/or physically challenged parents could check out from time to time. Being a parent is extremely rewarding, but it's also a really tough job. Add pain and not-so-functional body parts and calling it a challenge doesn't even come close.

Thank you for reading.
I hope you find something helpful here. Sometimes it's nice just to know there are others out there, floating in the same waters, keeping a leaky boat afloat...




Monday, July 28, 2008

Great Book!

I have actually been able to do some exercising this past week! My Dad bought me a book from my Amazon wishlist. It's specifically for those of us with funky hips. The title is, "Heal Your Hips", by Robert Klapper, MD and Lynda Huey. Dr. Klapper is an orthopedic surgeon at Cedars-Sinai in LA, he specializes in hip surgeries. Lynda Huey is an athlete who has written another book on water workouts. She has worked with a lot of pro. athletes. I totally recommend it for anyone with hip problems considering surgery. Especially, if you're not sure what activities you can or can't do to help with your hip pain.
Sorry for the commercial, but it's really a great book ;o)

No comments: