Welcome

This blog is first and foremost for me...
(I'm a Mom, there's not a lot in my life that's just for me anymore!). I also wanted to create a healthier way to share and vent my feelings about being physically limited... the other option was to scream and curse a lot, not so productive or healthy :o)


Second, I wanted to create a blog that other disabled and/or physically challenged parents could check out from time to time. Being a parent is extremely rewarding, but it's also a really tough job. Add pain and not-so-functional body parts and calling it a challenge doesn't even come close.

Thank you for reading.
I hope you find something helpful here. Sometimes it's nice just to know there are others out there, floating in the same waters, keeping a leaky boat afloat...




Thursday, June 19, 2008

wacky hips

I saw the 3rd orthopedist in 3 months yesterday. The next step is a CT scan and having the head of the largest ortho group out here review my case. The Doc. I saw yesterday specializes in hip arthroscopy, mostly sports related injuries and his exact words were, "I've seen a lot of wacky hips in my practice, but you are the first of your kind". great. I feel so special. Actually, what would really make me feel good is if they would just magically say, " that they could of course fix me and take away the limp and the pain by doing "xyz" and I would be cured immediately"... guess that's not going to happen. I started crying on the way home in the car. For the most part I'm pretty upbeat, but when I have to stop and seriously think about the pain I'm in and what it is exactly I can or can't do it really gets to me. I really want to have another baby and if we don't get this pain under control I don't think it's possible. ugh. The only things that really help are that my husband loves me and totally supports me, and my son is amazingly motivating and would cheer anyone up in even the worst situation. Also, my husband still thinks I'm hot, even when I'm a total cane carrying gimp. Too bad pain knocks my libido down so low.
Anyway, bye for now.

No comments: